Trivandrum, capital of the southernmost state of India, Kerala from October 28 to 30, 2008
AGSE 2008: WebGIS and Ecoinformatics
About this conference
This Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment (AGSE) summer school-cum-seminar takes forward an idea that germinated in late 2007, for a renewed internationalization effort in the Hochschule fur Technik Stuttgart (Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences – SUAS), with a commitment to ‘collaborative science for the betterment of society and environment’. A proposal for establishing a continuing series of summer schools-cum-seminars, rooted in the concept of knowledge sharing across boundaries and barriers, and with the active collaboration of the alumni of this university under the aegis of Stuttgart Active Alumni Group (SAAG) was suggested by Prof. Dr. Franz-Josef Behr of the Department of Geomatics, Computer Science and Mathematics. The first of the series was held in the city of Trivandrum, capital of the southernmost state of India, Kerala from October 28 to 30, 2008 on the theme of ‘WebGIS and Ecoinformatics’. The success of that program, funded by DAAD and other German agencies, and supported and jointly hosted by the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala and the Department of Geology, Government College, Kottayam, Kerala, lead naturally to the organization of this second summer school of the series.
The overall scope of this series of conferences is to offer an interdisciplinary, international forum for sharing knowledge about the application of Geoinformatics with a focus on developing countries, and simultaneously evolving a new conceptual framework for collaboration across nations. This will be achieved by continuing this series of summer schools and conferences through the next years, supported through a planned online journal.
- A.P. Pradeepkumar: A suggestions for a journal "Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment"
- FJ Behr: Geobrowsers.pdf
- FJ Behr: Google Maps API – Overview and Insights
- FJ Behr: Internet, URL, Protocols
- FJ Behr: Mashups
- FJ Behr: OpenLayers: Data Integration in an Open Source Map Browser
- C Ocampo: Car Navigation Systems
- CSP Iyer: Eco-informatics
- D Schröder: Master Programme Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics
- Nalani: 3D Object Extraction
- A. P. Pradeepkumar: GIS Education and Internationalization – Suggestions for a Foundation for Internationalization of Education
- T RadhaKrishnan: Web GIS at IIITM-K
- T RadhaKrishnan: Active Web GIS @ IIITM-K
- D Schröder: Workshop on Open Source Desktop GIS
- D Schröder: Workshop Spatial Analysis with R