AGSE – Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment- was initiated in 2009 by Prof. Franz-Josef Behr. Taking place on a yearly basis, the conference is being hold in different places all over the world.
The overall scope of this conferences is to offer an interdisciplinary, international forum for sharing knowledge about the science and application of Geoinformatics with focus on developing countries.
Besides invited keynotes the conference invites presentations to a variety of topics. There will as well professional training and workshops about current topics in the fields of Geoinformatics and Photogrammetry.
- Participating at AGSE is a challenge for those presenting; but it is worth it - it shows us what is going on in the world in terms of GIS
and Remote Sensing, OpenSource Technology and Environmental development. For me, attending this conference for the third time, I am grateful that UTM hosted this event and allowed us to spend a number of memorable days - professionally as well as personal. AGSE 2012 provided a number of different presentations, workshops worth attending and events that were organized by the UTM staff under Prof. Alias.
Thank you UTM for hosting this event,
I hope AGSE 2013 will be as memorable as this years' event was. - Veronica Wendlik, Germany
- The master course of Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics gave us the theory and practice by professors, but in AGSE 2012, we received knowledge and experience from real life projects executed by alumni. Additionally, AGSE gives us the opportunity to be part of a net of professional around the world able and willing to cooperate from each other. - Jose L. Gutierrez Ossio, Bolivia
- The conference was an enlightening and fruitful experience for me. Interacting and listening to GIS practitioners from different countries has broadened my views on global trends and applications of Geomatics technology. The knowledge that I have gained has truly encouraged me to further improve my utilization of this tool in future researches and projects. - Mary Ann Pandan (Philippines)
- Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of the AGSE 2012 conference. It was a very fruitful and meaningful experience. - Y. G., Philippines
- I am really impressed, inspired and motivated by AGSE 2012. Lots of useful presentations and workshops. - K. R., India
- Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the conference, to get new knowledge from presenters and workshop lecturers. - N. L., Lithuania
- Congratulations for having coordinated and conducted a successful conference AGSE 2012. The magnitude of achievement increases manifold! R. J., India
- AGSE 2012 was a unique experience not only to share knowledge with great professionals related to the fields of Geoinformatics and Environment but also a great opportunity to meet wonderful people and a beautiful country. Thank you very much S.R.P., Spain .
- The AGSE has imparted positively on the location based needs of developing nations and has sharpened skills of participating developed nations. - P. A., Ghana/Canada
- I am so happy and excited for participating such a nice conference. Many useful presentation and workshop, which is more helpful to me and my students here in India. I am very thankful to you and organizing committee to offered me and provided me opportunity to attend the conference. K. S., India
- Thank you for organising such a wonderful AGSE 2009 and giving us a chance to revisit our memory lane.
I enjoyed the same and extend my sincere gratitude and hope that this would be a regular event in the near future. S. S. Y., India
- Creo que la computacion en el Peru y en particular en Arequipa ha iniciado un camino de transformacion positiva que ya no tiene retorno. Realmente es un esfuerzo muy loable. E. C.-V., Peru
- He podido disfrutar de la calidad academica de las ponencias y de la organizacione ustedes. Muchas gracias. S. B., Peru
- Thank you for the great time in Peru. It was good to see all of us again and learn some interesting applications and technology as well. P. A., Canada
- The infrastructure is great, the auditorium is superb, and the workshops have been really successful. A. P., India
- Thank you very much for such an important opportunity. K. G., El Salvador