Geospatial Technology in Times of Global Challenges
The conference will take place in online mode November 24 – 26 (plus workshops), 2021, at Katmandu University organized by the Department of Geomatics Engineering, School of Engineering, Kathmandu University and the Geospatial Department of Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany, co-organized by the Laboratory for interoperable, and open-source Geospatial Software, Data and Standards (HFT ICA-OSGeo-Lab).
Potential contributions are welcome in fields like Agriculture and Food Security, Geospatial IT, Land Use, Land Management, Public Health, Support for Economics using Spatial IT, Development of infrastructure, Urban Planning, ...
- Janak Raj Joshi, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Land Management, Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation
- Matthias Ruchser (Crop Trust, t.b.c.)
- Prof. Behr: OGC and ISO Geoinformatics standards in the context of SDIs, SDGs, VGI and Open Data
- Prof. Möller: Continuous Remote Sensing Imagery - from Micro to Macro Scale (t.b.c)
- Hamidreza Ostadabbas: Data acquisition with help of QField and open source GIS software (QGIS)
- Christine Brönner: Geo-Information management for the humanitarian/development nexus: challenges and opportunities
- Diana Christa Gamutan/Milloza: Workshop on QGIS
- Winhard Tampubolon: DEM generation using open source GI processing software (SNAP desktop)
- Mohammad Shafi Bajauri: Introductory Workshop on Google Earth Engine and its application in hazard assessment
- Md. Shafiqul Islam: Automatic Feature Extraction from point cloud Data using Global Mapper Software
- Anil Minhans: Emerging technologies in traffic management using Floating Car Data (FCD)
You can register through our online conference system, https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=agse2021 and submit your contribution.
Of course you can register as well as participant. It's an online conference, sponsored by the sponsors listed below. Hence feel to participate it is an Open Resource and Open Education!
- Dr. Subash Ghimire, Acting Head of Department and Assistant Professor, Department of Geomatics Engineering, School of Engineering
- Dr. Reshma Shrestha, Department of Geomatics Engineering, School of Engineering
- Dr. Uma Shankar Panday, Department of Geomatics Engineering, School of Engineering
- Dr.-Ing. Ramesh Kumar Maskey, Professor of Civil Engineering (Water & Energy), Kathmandu University
Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences
- Dietrich Schröder, Faculty of Geomatics, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart
- Franz-Josef Behr, Faculty of Geomatics, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart
- Anja Ernst, Research Coordinator, Faculty of Geomatics, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart
International Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Möller, Beuth University
- Prof. Dr. Jaishanker Nair, IIITM-K, Trivandrum, India
- Dr. Murimi Ngigi, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenya
The prelimanary program is under development for download until first week in October 2021.