Applied Geoinformatics for Digital Transformation and Environmental Stewardship
The conference will take place November 02 – 04 (plus excursion), 2022, at Digital University Kerala organized by the C V Raman Laboratory of Ecological Informatics, School of Informatics, Digital University Kerala and the Geospatial Department of Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany, co-organized by the Laboratory for interoperable, and open-source Geospatial Software, Data and Standards (HFT ICA-OSGeo-Lab).
Potential contributions are welcome in fields like Agriculture and Food Security, Geospatial IT, Land Use, Land Management, Public Health, Support for Economics using Spatial IT, Development of infrastructure, Urban Planning, ...
Call for Contributions
Submissions are invited (but not limited to) the following areas and subjects:
- Open Source Geospatial Technologies: Its values and applications
- Geodata and Geoscience to support realisation and measurung SDGs
- Implementation of OpenAPI based services
- APIs to deliver Climate, Water and Weather Datasets
- Educational approaches
- Big Geo Data Handling
- AI and Machine Learning in the Geospatial Field
- Internet of Things, Sensor Web, SDI and linked data
- Smart Cities
- Digital Twins: Foundations and Sample Implementations
- Digital Twins in Urban Planning
- Realtime 3D
- Food and Water, Hunger and Thirst
- Geospatial Support for Climate Change Adaptation
- Sustainable Urban and Rural Development
- Smart Cities and Smart Sustainable Urbanism
- Triggering Transformative processes and Political Changes
- Migration Patterns and Livelihood
- Assessment, Management, and Optimization of Household Energy Use
- Convincing people: Visualisation of and Access to Environmental Data
International Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Ayad M. F. Al-Quraishi, Tishk International University, Iraq (Applied Remote Sensing & GIS).
- Prof. Dr. Hala Adel Effat, National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences (NARSS), Egypt
- Prof. Dr. Subash Ghimire, Acting Head of Department and Associate Professor, Department of Geomatics Engineering, School of Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Möller, Berliner Hochschule für Technik (BHT) and University of Bamberg
- Prof. Dr. Murimi Ngigi, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenya
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schmitz, University of South Africa
Digital University Kerala
- Jaishanker R, PhD, Professor and Chairperson, School of Informatics
Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences
- Dietrich Schröder, Faculty of Geomatics, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart
- Franz-Josef Behr, Faculty of Geomatics, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart
- Anja Ernst, Research Coordinator, Faculty of Geomatics, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart
- Hamidreza Ostadabbas: Data acquisition with help of QField and open source GIS software (QGIS)
Mr Ostadabbas holds a Bachelor of the Surveying engineering and a master of Geoninformatics from HFT 2019. He is head of the GIS Department in STEG GmbH company since January 2021 in Stuttgart, and winner of CLGE and GEOMATICS ON MOVE Contest on 2019 and 2020.
In the Alumni Session(s) international alumni will share their experiences after leaving their German University.
This is an excellent opportunity and atmosphere to learn from one another and to get valuable suggestions for your own career and personal growth.
- Experiences and knowledge in Mapping Industry: Helpful and inspiring for young students/professionals who want to work and live in Germany.
- My professional & personal experiences
- My experiences in Germany as an Erasmus Bachelor Student, International Master Student, and now International Ph.D. Student
- Experience on the field of practice after leaving Germany
- Having Impact on Stakeholders and Decision Makers