Digital Landscapes: Chances for Development
The conference took place September 11 – 14, 2019, at HFT Stuttgart organized by Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany, co-organized by the ICA Commission on SDI and Standards and the Laboratory for interoperable, and open-source Geospatial Software, Data and Standards (HFT ICA-OSGeo-Lab).
Due to the developments in the recent years the focus thelaid following fields:
- Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI) and Crowdsourcing,
- Earth Observation,
- Geo-portals and Geodata Infrastruktures, collaborative data custodianship.
The conference also celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Master Programme "Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics". The Master of Science program started with the first batch 20 years ago, meanwhile there is a global network of about 500 alumni graduated from the program. Since its beginning, the course is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in its program for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS).
For the joined AGSE conference and the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the study program we were happy to announce that travel funds for a number of participants – in particular alumni of the study program but not only – will be available, sponsored by DAAD.
For those alumni not able to participate in-situ in Stuttgart, a successful online Webinar was organized.
We are happy about the confirmtion of the first keynote speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Christian Kreiß, Aalen University , Aalen, Germany: Bubbles, Busts and Crashes – Why Rising Inequality is Economically Unsustainable
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Möller, University of Bamberg & Beuth University Berlin: Continuous Remote Sensing Imagery from Micro to Macro Scale
- Athina Trakas, Open Geospatial Consortium: t.b.a.
- Pre-conference Workshop, 9. – 10.9.2019 : SimStadt / SimCity. SimStadt is a workflow software for urban energy simulation developed at HFT Stuttgart.
- Miguel Castro Gómez: Agricultural monitoring with Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data (additional registration required)
- Jose Luis Gutierrez Ossio: Data analysis using R language
- Md. Zahid Hasan Siddiquee: Satellite Data Analytics with Google Earth Engine
- Hamidreza Ostadabbas: QGIS and the Web
Registration for the AGSE 2019 conference is closed.
Participation in the Webinar sessions as auditor is possible without registration. Just use the link https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/agse2019/
The webinar will start Wednesday, September 12, 2019 at 14:00.
Full Paper Submission
The conference proceedings including your full papers are planned to be published after the conference. Please send your full papers to email@example.com before October 15, 2019
Layout templates for full paper will be provided soon.
Local Organizing Committee
International Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Möller, Beuth University
- Vipula Abeyratne M.Sc., Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
- Dr. Seraphim Alvanides, Northumbria University at Newcastle, UK
- Prof. Dr. Hossein Arefi, Department of Geomatics Engineering, University of Tehran
- Dr. Karina Guardado M.Sc., Universidad de El Salvador
- Dr. Ashish Karmacharya, i3 Mainz
- Prof. em. Rainer Kettmann, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. David Kuria Kuria, The National Land Commission (NLC), Kenya
- Prof. Dr. Jaishanker Nair, IIITM-K, Trivandrum, India
- Dr. Murimi Ngigi, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenya
- Dr. Adel Omran, University of Tübingen
- Dr. Lorenz Wendt, University of Salzburg
- Dr. Rafael Rebolledo Wueffer, Colombia