Disaster risk information is spatial in nature and Geoinformation related sciences such as remote sensing, GIS and Photogrammetry play a Disaster risk information is spatial in nature and Geoinformatics related sciences such as Remote sensing, GIS and Photogrammetry play a significant role in both data providing and management of disasters and hazards in nature. Rapid population growth and urbanization expansion combined with extreme climatic events are causing a rapid increase in vulnerability of peoples exposed to hazardous events. Natural disasters impose severe damage on almost the entire spectrum of social and natural habitats, ranging from housing and shelter, water, food, health, sanitation, and waste management to information and communication networks, the supply of power and energy, and transportation infrastructure.
In order to contribute to this goal, our 8th AGSE conference/winter school will focus on "Crisis and Disaster Man-agement", i.e., the contribution of Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing, and Planning to preparation, response, recov-ery, and mitigation of disasters.
Date and Venue
Here an overview of potential themes, scope, and focus:
- Collaborative Geographic Information Systems for Disaster Management
- Information Technology for Development
- Geosensor networks
- Flood Risk Modeling and Mapping
- Building Resilience against Disasters
- GIS Support to each of the four phases of the disaster cycle
- Understanding and Enhancing Resilience
- Emerging Technology and Capability Needs
- Software-neutral best practices
- GIS for Disaster Management Research Agenda
- E-Learning to support Disaster Management
- Psycho-Social Implications of Disaster Management and Volunteeering
- Contribution of Remote Sensing Approaches
- Contribution of Spatial Data Infrastructures
- Alerting people
- Spatial data requirements in disaster risk management
- Application of GIS and RS to hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment
- Assessing spatial data availability and understanding its importance in disaster risk management
- Application of advanced RS-based techniques to monitor disasters and assess damages
- Design and construction of GIS-based projects for the analysis and management of various natural disasters
- Earth observation in general
- Techniques in hazard assessment
- Overview of GIS applications in natural disaster managements
- Mapping natural and man-made disasters
- Monitoring and tracking displaced population
- Early-warning indicators for humanitarian crisis
- Crowd mapping, humanitarian VGI
- UAVs and mobile devices
- Crisis monitoring (water supplies, infrastructure, natural resources)
- Assessment of mid- to long-term effects of humanitarian crises
- New Earth Observation data and their potential, including Copernicus Sentinels
- Links to the Copernicus Emergency Management Service (EMS)
Flight to Kish
The Island of Kish can be reached via Dubai or Tehran.
For the domestic flight to Kish contact this travel agency:Rah-Nima
Ms Zohreh Taher
Angerlweg 9A, 85748 Garching near Munich
Tel.: +49 (89) 32 29 82 77
Fax: +49 (89) 32 20 92 47
Today (March 12 2017) we were informed that the flight schedule can change in the new Iranian year.
Iranian years starts with Spring, on March 21. Kish Air announced that the flight programs can change in the new year. The new time table is expected in about a week.
We will keep an eye on it and inform you as soon as there is any information.
A new flight schedule Duabi Kish was announced by the travel agency, Rah-Nima. Unfortunately the prices were increased by the flight company. Please contact Ms Taher if necessary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The travwl agency Rah-Nima informed us today that the flight schedule can change in the new Iranian year. Iranian years starts with Spring, on March 21. Kish Air announced that the flight programs can change in the new year. The new time table is expected in about a week. They will keep an eye on […]
Daniela Palacios, Maria Prama, Selamawit Amdie and Alexander Steinbrück, students of our Master course in Photogrammetry and Geo-informatics, were invited to the annual conference of the Europa NASA Challenge, which this year took place in Trento, Italy from the 20th – 22nd of September 2016. Daniela Palacios (Mexico), Maria Prama (Bangladesh), Selamawit Amdie (Ethiopia) and […]
Joint conference AGSE 2010 and JINIS 2010 at Universidad Catolica de Santa Maria, Arequipa, Peru, August, 3 - 6, 2010.
More than 100 registered participants, 27 presentations, 5 keynotes, 7 workshops
AGSE 2009 Conference and Summer School, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany, 13 - 18 July, 2009
IIITM-K, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
F-J .Behr · M. Ngigi · A. P. Pradeepkumar · M. Zimmermann: Geoinformation for a better World
Order hard copy
F.-J. Behr · A. P. Pradeepkumar · C. A. Beltrán Castañón: Usage and Benefits of Geographic Information Technologies
Order hard copy
The AGSE has imparted positively on the location based needs of developing nations and has sharpened skills of participating developed nations.
Thank you very much for such an important opportunity.
Creo que la computacion en el Peru y en particular en Arequipa ha iniciado un camino de transformacion positiva que ya no tiene retorno. Realmente es un esfuerzo muy loable.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of the AGSE 2012 conference. It was a very fruitful and meaningful experience.
The conference was an enlightening and fruitful experience for me. Interacting and listening to GIS practitioners from different countries has broadened my views on global trends and applications of Geomatics technology. The knowledge that I have gained has truly encouraged me to further improve my utilization of this tool in future researches and projects.
The master course of Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics gave us the theory and practice by professors, but in AGSE 2012, we received knowledge and experience from real life projects executed by alumni. Additionally, AGSE gives us the opportunity to be part of a net of professional around the world able and willing to cooperate from each other.
Thank you for organising such a wonderful AGSE 2009 and giving us a chance to revisit our memory lane. I enjoyed the same and extend my sincere gratitude and hope that this would be a regular event in the near future.
Hints concerning funding for German Scientists
Members of German Universities (Fachhochschule und Universitäten) should analyze the "Kongress- und Vortragsreisenprogramm" of DAAD. Applications have to be submitted 4 months before the congress starts!