Digital Landscapes: Chances for Development
The conference will take place September 11 – 14, 2019, at HFT Stuttgart. It is organized by Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany, co-organized by the ICA Commission on SDI and Standards and the Laboratory for interoperable, and open-source Geospatial Software, Data and Standards (HFT ICA-OSGeo-Lab).
Due to the developments in the recent years we will focus the following fields:
- Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI) and Crowdsourcing,
- Earth Observation,
- Geo-portals and Geodata Infrastruktures, collaborative data custodianship.
but not only, other related topics are welcome as well!
The conference will also celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Master Programme "Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics". The Master of Science program started with the first batch 20 years ago, meanwhile there is a global network of about 500 alumni graduated from the program. Since its beginning, the course is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in its program for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS).
For the joined AGSE conference and the celebration of the 20th anniversary of the study program we are happy to announce that travel funds for a number of participants – in particular alumni of the study program but not only – will be available, sponsored by DAAD.
For those alumni not able to participate in-situ in Stuttgart, we are happy to announce a special event:
- a 24-hour online Webinar around the world!
In addition to the technical topics mentioned above also talks about your experiences as alumni with the re-integration into the local/regional/global job market are welcome.
We are happy about the confirmtion of the first keynote speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Christian Kreiß, Aalen University , Aalen, Germany: Bubbles, Busts and Crashes – Why Rising Inequality is Economically Unsustainable
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Möller, University of Bamberg & Beuth University Berlin: Continuous Remote Sensing Imagery from Micro to Macro Scale
You can register through our online conference system, http://ocs.applied-geoinformatics.org/index.php/agse/agse2019
Let us know about your intended contribution
- Full presentation (30 minutes) in-situ or remote (24-hour webinar)
- Short presentation (15 minutes) in-situ or remote (24-hour webinar)
- Full-paper proceeding
Local Organizing Committee
International Advisory Board
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Möller, Beuth University
- Vipula Abeyratne M.Sc., Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
- Dr. Seraphim Alvanides, Northumbria University at Newcastle, UK
- Prof. Dr. Hossein Arefi, Department of Geomatics Engineering, University of Tehran
- Dr. Karina Guardado M.Sc., Universidad de El Salvador
- Dr. Ashish Karmacharya, i3 Mainz
- Prof. em. Rainer Kettmann, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences
- Prof. Dr. David Kuria Kuria, The National Land Commission (NLC), Kenya
- Prof. Dr. Jaishanker Nair, IIITM-K, Trivandrum, India
- Dr. Murimi Ngigi, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenya
- Dr. Adel Omran, University of Tübingen
- Dr. Lorenz Wendt, University of Salzburg
- Dr. Rafael Rebolledo Wueffer, Colombia